Questions and answers must adhere to Quora’s Platform Policies, as well as the additional policies outlined below:
The following are Quora’s policies for posting questions:
- Questions are viewed as community property.
- A question can be merged into another question if both ask the same thing.
- Question Topics should be directly relevant to the question. Topics that are not directly relevant to the question, are overly broad, or are relevant only to certain answers should not be applied.
- Quora requires correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization to be used in questions.
- Questions should not be used to promote a business or service, or for solicitation.
Note: Questions that are merely badly formatted or unclear will be tagged for improvement rather than removed.
If you feel your question has been incorrectly deleted, please use this contact form to submit an appeal.
The following are Quora’s policies for writing answers:
- Answers should respond to the question asked.
- Humorous answers and reviews are only allowed if they make the page more helpful to someone who is interested in learning the answer to the question. Answers to survey questions are subject to these policies. Survey question answers will be treated as joke answers if (1) they are not plausible given the conditions described in the question and/or (2) they appear to be primarily intended as a joke.
- A user should disclose any relevant affiliations explicitly in an answer or in the credential that appears with the answer. Affiliate links are not allowed.
- Self-promotional links or self-promotion that does not form a part of a direct and helpful response to the question is not allowed.
- The gist of the answer should be able to be understood without having to leave Quora to access an external website. Answers that cannot be understood without navigating to an external site and appear to be doing so for promotional purposes may be collapsed and/or removed.