Collaborators can share Quora content with a Space, or use to post editor to add original content. Moderators and admins can also post items from the suggestions and follower submissions tabs.
The post editor
To post content directly to your Space, click “Post in [Space name]” from your Space's home page. Click the image icon to add image files to your post, or click “Aa” for formatting options.
Questions can be posted to your Space by clicking the pencil icon at the top of the editor. Select “Question” from the dropdown, and submit your question. Depending on your Space’s settings, followers can submit questions and answers to be reviewed and approved.
For more information about formatting posts, visit our Tips and Tricks: How to add content on Spaces.
Content created in the post editor can be posted immediately, or added to your queue. To add posts to your queue, click the arrow next to “Post” and select “Add to queue.”
Suggestions include Quora content from topics related to your Space. To start using suggestions, follow these steps:
- Click the “Inbox” icon on your Space’s home page to add topics and find suggestions.
- If you are an admin, topics can be added or edited you can add or edit topics by clicking the pencil icon. Topics are used to suggest answers or questions. It is important to choose relevant topics for your Space, or suggestions may not match your Space’s theme or discussions. When new topics are added, refresh your suggestions by exiting the window and clicking the “Inbox” icon again.
- If you see a suggestion you want to share, clicking “Share to Space” immediately posts it to your Space. If you are an admin or moderator, you can also click the clock icon in the lower-right corner to add suggestions to your queue.
Submissions allow followers to share answers, posts, and questions with Space teams for consideration. By default, Spaces will not accept submissions. This setting can be changed in your Space’s settings under “Submissions.”
As a Space grows, admins and moderators may receive multiple submissions in a day. The queue can be used to collect and post high-quality content periodically instead of all at once. To get started with submissions, follow these steps:
- Moderators and admins can view submissions by clicking the “Inbox” icon on their Space. The “Submissions” tab is also available in the Admin Dashboard.
- Click “Approve” to automatically posts a submissions to your Space. Moderators and admins can also queue submissions by clicking the clock icon in the lower-right corner.
Click “Pass” to remove a post from the “Submissions” tab. After passing on a submission, you can leave feedback for the submitter. Submissions that are pending, or “passed,” will not be visible to followers.
- Maintain Space quality by blocking users submitting spam, inappropriate content, or other policy-violating content.
For more information about submissions, visit How do I moderate Space submissions?. To disable submissions, visit your “Settings” and uncheck “Anyone can submit content” under “Submissions.”
Requesting Answers from your Space
You can start conversations in your Space by requesting answers to existing Quora questions.
To request an answer from your Space, find a relevant question. These can be questions you find interesting, questions that spark discussions, or questions that experts in your Space would like to answer. Once you find a question, follow these steps to request an answer:
- Click “Request” below the question header.
- Search for your Space in the search bar, or click “All Spaces” on the left-hand side to view relevant Spaces.
- To submit your question, click the “+” icon next to a Space’s name. You can also submit questions to Spaces you are not a contributor for. Questions submitted by non-contributors will appear as submissions, and they will not appear on a Space until they are approved by an admin or moderator. Questions requested by admins, moderators, or contributors will automatically be posted to a Space.
- Once a question is approved, followers can submit answers to be reviewed and approved, depending on a Space’s settings. Answers added by admins, moderators, or contributors will automatically be posted to a Space.
When answers to these questions are added in your Space, they can also appear on the original question page, which can help attract more users on Quora to your Space.