On Quora, you're free to choose what you wish to be called so long as your name doesn't contain explicit content and isn't used to harass others. Many people on Quora choose to use their real name to provide legitimacy to the content they post and establish a sense of trust with the community.
Please avoid the following when making your Quora profile name:
- Hate Speech/Abuse: We do not allow profile names that contain hate speech or that attack specific users or groups of people.
- Impersonation: We do not allow profile names that impersonate another user or a public figure (parody notwithstanding).
- Profanity/Obscenity: Profile names cannot contain profanities, slurs, or other obscenities.
- Adult Content: Profile names cannot contain explicit adult content.
We will flag any profile names that violate these guidelines. If your profile name gets flagged, your account will be edit-blocked, and you will need to update your profile name in accordance with our guidelines in order to remove the flag.
If you believe your profile name was flagged incorrectly, please submit a request at quora.com/contact. On the contact form, select "I want to appeal a moderation decision" and then select "Flagged Name" as the reason for your appeal.
- Company or organizational accounts: you may create an account on Quora to represent a legally incorporated business or other organization. You are not required to do so if you prefer to answer using a personal account. Not all organization accounts will be verified, though we may ask company accounts to provide verification. For more information about creating company accounts on Quora, see: https://help.quora.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032429871.
- Titles: We encourage you to include titles such as "Dr." and "Ms." and information about degrees (e.g., "M.D.", or "PhD.") as a credential as opposed to as part of your profile name.