In addition to inviting individual Quora members to your Space, you can bulk import your external contacts via CSV (Comma-Separated Values) files*. This is especially helpful if you have a large following outside of Quora (such as on Patreon, Substack, an existing Mailchimp list, etc) whom you’d like to invite to your Space. Expanding your invite list can bring in new perspectives to existing conversations, a greater diversity of opinions, or even just casual followers who are curious about your Space.
*Note: Depending on your geographic region, you may not be able to import or invite your contacts.
To bulk invite external contacts to your Space
1) Invite people to your Space
- This can be done by clicking the Invite icon on the Space itself, from the People tab, or when inviting others during the creation of a new Space.
2) Click on Import next to the "Bulk import contacts" option:
- Select the CSV file you’d like to import (it may take some time for very large files).
- Once the contacts have been successfully uploaded, you will see a green banner that says "Successfully imported X contacts from [file name]."
3) To invite all of your imported CSV contacts in one go, select the checkbox next to Imported via CSV above the "Suggested Groups" header. Otherwise, clicking the right-arrow icon (e.g. the ">") will allow you to search for specific contacts, select all, or deselect all contacts:
4) Once you’ve selected everyone you want to invite, click Preview Invite.
- From here, you can also personalize or edit a pre-written message that lets invitees know they’ll receive updates and highlights from the Space.
5) Click Send invite.
To remove your imported CSV contacts
1) Go to your Account Settings
2) Click Remove all contacts imported from CSV listed under Connected Accounts & Contacts:
To disallow your profile from being discovered by email lookup
1) Navigate to your Privacy Settings (https://www.quora.com/settings/privacy)
2) Uncheck Allow profile to be discovered by email.
Additional information about bulk imports
- The max number of emails we allow per CSV file is 10,000. If you have more than 10k emails in your CSV, you’ll need to break it up into multiple CSV files and upload them one at a time.
- The bulk import tool will only import valid email addresses. Any invalid emails will get skipped.
- If there are duplicate emails in the CSV file, the bulk import tool will skip the duplicates.