You can expand your Space's reach by importing your Google contacts and inviting them to follow it*. Doing this will enable a one-time upload of all your Google address book contacts. From time to time, we may use these imported contacts to make personalized recommendations about who can follow or contribute to your Space. We’ll never email your contacts without asking you first.
* Note: Depending on your geographic region, you may not be able to import or invite your contacts.
To invite your Google contacts to a Quora Space:
- Invite people to your Space
- This can be done by clicking "Invite" icon on the space itself, from the People tab, or when inviting others for the first time as you first create a new Space.
- Select the Google account you’d like to import from.
- Click Allow when you get the “Quora wants to connect to your Google account” message.
- Click Skip importing if you don’t want to import any of your email contacts (this option only appears if you are inviting others during the Space creation process).
- Selecting the checkbox will select all of your email contacts.
- Clicking > will allow you to search for specific contacts, select all, or deselect all contacts.
- From here, you can also personalize or edit a pre-written message that lets invitees know they’ll receive updates and updates and highlights from the Space.
To remove imported Google contacts
- Navigate to your Account Settings
- Click Remove imported contacts under your connected Google account.
To disallow your profile from being discovered by email lookup
- Navigate to your Privacy Settings
- Uncheck Allow profile to be discovered by email.