In order to share and grow the world’s knowledge, Quora lets you create Spaces so you can express your views and opinions openly with others. Posting content or images that are harmful to others go against this spirit, and discourage others from participating in the conversations that happen on Quora. Keeping this in mind, Space icons, header images, or content that promote any of the following are not allowed and will be removed if created:
- Hate speech: Images or content that disparage against a group based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age, or any other protected class or status are not tolerated and will be removed.
- Harassment: Spaces aren’t allowed to target or negatively attack private individuals or others’ content on Quora (even if the individual’s name is blurred). This includes unwelcome sexual advances or remarks, as well.
- Violent or dangerous: Posting content that encourages or glorifies violence or physical harm are not allowed and will be removed. Learn more
- Spam: Spaces cannot be used to promote or attract spam. Learn more
- Factually Incorrect: Spaces that spread misinformation or fake news are not allowed and will be removed.
- Impersonating another user, brand, or Space: Pretending to be someone else, or making it seem like a brand, existing Space, or published content is your own is not permitted. This also includes representing another person's writing as your own.
- Space name and URL must be unique: No two Spaces can have the same name or set a Space URL that already exists (this also applies to all languages that Quora supports, meaning that a Space in Quora in English cannot share a name or URL with a Space that was created in Quora in Spanish). Doing this helps ensure each Space has its own unique identity, and helps avoid confusion among various Spaces.
- Using the Quora brand/logo: To prevent non-official Quora Spaces being perceived as endorsed or overseen by Quora, using the Quora logo (or similar variations of it) in Space icons or cover photos is not allowed and will be removed for violating Quora’s image policy.
- Adult content in Space names, icons, and cover photos: Because Space names, icons, and cover photos appear throughout the site, sex-related or graphically violent content or imagery are not permitted within them.
- Spaces that target individuals under the age of 13: Per our Terms of Service, use of the Quora Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. Any Space that is exclusively for people under 13 years of age will be removed. If a Space targets users of varying ages, and explicitly includes people under 13 years of age, the Space owner will be warned and given a limited amount of time to change the Space name/description/rules to exclude people under 13 years of age. If the Space is not updated within the stipulated time, we will take the Space down.
- Soliciting or exchanging sexually explicit images involving minors: Spaces that function as a place for exchanging sexually explicit images of minors will be taken down even if the images are being exchanged off the platform.
Violating these rules could result in your Space getting restricted or removed, losing the ability to create a Space, and/or your account getting blocked or banned.