Why should I create a business profile on Quora?
Brands should create a Quora Business Profile to join the conversation happening around your industry and connect with your audience. A 2017 study by Time Inc. reveals that 92% of those surveyed believe that “brands have expertise on topics and add value to content.” In other words, people believe brands are knowledgeable about certain topics and want to learn more through content, not ads. By contributing to Quora, your brand can join the conversation and reach a relevant audience.
Who should have a business profile on Quora?
Millions of people use Quora everyday. Any business looking to increase awareness, deepen relationships with their audience, and engage with an active community on Quora. Create a free business profile and start communicating with people interested in your business at www.quora.com/business/create
What are best practices in using a business profile on Quora?
We’ve worked very hard over the years to build a platform and a system that is optimal for readers, writers, and seekers of information. Quora is optimized to match readers, writers, and knowledge seekers with content that is most useful to them. This makes every view and upvote that much more valuable.
To get started, here are a few best practices.
- Completing your profile is a big step - filling this section out gives the Quora community explicit signals of your credibility. A good profile also helps people find you when they are looking for experts to answer their questions on Quora. This is also a good place to add links and CTAs to your site and/or social platforms.
- When writing answers we recommend: 1) answering questions where you are a subject matter expert, 2) making sure the answer is useful for the question asker and 3) your answer is trustworthy and credible.
How do I create a business profile on Quora?
- First, make sure you are logged in with your personal Quora profile.
- Visit www.quora.com/business/create
- Click "Next" and fill in all the required fields in regards to your business.
- Our team will review your request within one to two business days. If we need further information, we will make sure to notify you.
How do I switch to using my business profile, and how do I switch back to my personal account?
You can switch profiles using the following steps.
- Click the profile photo in the top right of the header of the page to bring up a menu of options.
- Click “Switch Profiles” in the menu to see your user account and a list of business profiles you are an admin on. Then click the profile you would like to switch to.
How do I add additional admins to my business profile?
First, make sure you are currently switched to the business profile that you want to add admins on. To do so:
- Click the profile photo in the top right of the header of the page.
- Confirm what profile you are currently using. If it’s not your business profile, click “Switch Profiles” lower in the menu to switch to the business profile you want to add an admin to.
- Then, click “Settings” on the menu.
On the settings page, you will see a section titled “Account Admins” with a box you can click to “Add a New Admin”:
Use the search bar to find the Quora user account you want to add as an admin. You can also copy and paste in the url of the Quora user account profile you want to add as an admin in the search bar to more easily find the user account:
What are the differences between a business profile and a user account?
Unlike user accounts, business profiles:
- Can be managed by multiple people
- Are permitted to use the name of the business for the profile and when participating in conversations on Quora
- Will be designated as a business with a business icon on the profile image
- Can define and display industry topics that the business is involved in on the profile page
- Can define a location for the business visible on the profile page
How do I get a blue verified business icon for my business profile?
Unfortunately, the blue verified business icon is not broadly available at this time.
Can I create or use my business profile on the Quora app or mobile web?
Currently, during the beta phase, business profiles can only be created and used on desktop or laptop devices.
Can I have a business profile in a different language?
Currently, business profiles are only available in English.
Why can’t I write answers from my business profile?
Business profiles need to be approved before answers can be written, so that we can prevent situations where an individual attempts to maliciously impersonate a business. Review should be complete within 24 hours of business profile creation, Monday through Friday, excepting holidays.
If you need more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the url of your business profile(s).
What is the criteria for getting a business profile approved?
Please make sure to:
- Include a url to the business’ site or online presence to verify the existence of the business
- Include a business profile image and business description
- For the user account admin on the business profile, have a verified email address associated with the business domain
Including this information will ensure a prompt review timeframe. Review should be complete within 24 hours of business profile creation, Monday through Friday, excepting holidays.
How can I get help with my business profile?
If your question isn’t covered in this FAQ, please contact email@example.com with your questions and the url of your business profile(s).
Can I convert a business profile back to a user account?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The url of the business profile you want to convert back to a user account
- The reason you need to convert back to a user account
Can I log in directly to my business profile?
Currently, you need a separate personal Quora user account in order to access and use a business profile.