If you are the family member of a Quora user who has passed away, you may request the deactivation or deletion of the deceased user's account. Please reach out to us using ourand choose the "I need help with my account" option. In your message, please include:
- Your full name
- The account holder's name, email address, and a link to their Quora profile
- The action requested, available options are:
- Deletion - will permanently remove all answers and comments they've written and deletes their name, e-mail address, etc. It does not remove questions, because questions belong to the community once they're answered.
- Deactivation - will preserve the answers they’ve written, while making sure they aren’t mentioned in A2A or follow suggestions.
We will follow up with you and ask for the following items:
- Documentation of their death (e.g., death certificate, obituary)
- Proof of your relationship to the deceased user (e.g., marriage certificate, name mentioned in obituary)