You should use question sources to give context for a question. Policies:
- Sources are meant to provide additional context only; questions should be worded in a way that they do not depend on the source for a person to be able to answer the question
- Sources should not refer to malicious content, i.e, spam, malware, etc.
- Sources should be working links (i.e., not broken)
- Sources should be relevant to the question, i.e., the source should be about the same thing the question is asking about
When editing a source for a question, the following policies apply:
- An edit to a source that makes the source irrelevant or reflects different intent is NOT ok
- An edit to a source that results in a malicious or broken link is NOT ok