This is an official Quora policy that reflects the agreed upon conventions of the community
The only reason admins edit-block or ban accounts is to make Quora a great resource and support the site’s mission. Admins don't like edit-blocking or banning people and are committed to being reasonable, thoughtful, and consistent in their decisions.
Having a Quora account is not a right. Quora has a number of admins, but their time is very scarce and they do not have time to deal with people who are not helping the site. If a person is overall not helping the site, admins may choose to suspend or ban them.
Edit-blocks and bans may be temporary; if a person is banned or edit-blocked, she can come back when she cools off and decides to put an honest effort into being helpful and making the site a great resource. Edit-blocks generally last until the person responds via PM and makes his case to be unblocked.
Some reasons why admins may edit-block or ban someone:
- They vandalize content on the site that is editable by everyone, including and answer summaries.
- They engage in one or more actions which violate the policy. These actions may relate to questions, answers, or comments.
- They post a significant number of , , and/or comments that aren't helpful.
- They repeatedly violate and/or does not change her behavior after receiving a content warning.
In most cases, admins have the discretion to make edit-block and banning decisions based on their own judgment.
- Allowing admins to use their individual judgment is important because there is too much activity on the site to make every decision collaboratively.
- If someone feels that she's been edit-blocked or banned unfairly, she can submit a request
- This approach lets us make lots of decisions and keep quality on the site high.
If an edit-block or banning decision is difficult and/or involves a person who is active on Quora, then the decision will be made collectively by the admins as a group with each admin having the opportunity to provide input.
If you'd like to appeal a moderation decision, please visit How do I appeal a Quora Moderation decision?