When you block someone on Quora, they will not be able to follow or generally interact with you on the site.
More specifically, here are some things that someone won't be able to do if you block them:
- Follow you
- Turn on notifications for your updates
- Appear in your feed or Digest
- @-mention you
- Comment on your answers
- Send you an Answer Request
- Upvote or downvote your comments
Once you block someone, the following will occur:
- If they were following you, they will unfollow you. If you follow them, you will unfollow them
- If they had notifications turned on for your updates, we will turn them off. If you had notifications turned on for their updates, we will turn them off.
- If they had endorsed you on topics, we will remove those endorsements
- If there is an inbox thread between you and the person you're blocking, we will hide it
Blocking does not keep someone from seeing questions you've asked or answers you've written.
Some of these rules may not apply when you are anonymous. For example, if you write an answer anonymously, the person you've blocked will be able to upvote your answer. This is to ensure your identity is not revealed.