Questions about private individuals that are clearly hurtful or mean-spirited, or are likely to make the person or persons uncomfortable, are not allowed on Quora.
Examples of questions that would be removed:
- “Did John Doe get fired from his job at X Company or did he quit?”
- “Which people were denied admission to X private school in 2010?”
- “Did John Doe invest in X Company? Did he lose a lot of money?”
- Questions about the personal lives of individuals.
Questions like these will be deleted proactively on the site; the affected user is not required to request deletion of these questions.
In addition, the following questions are not allowed on Quora:
- Questions about the attractiveness of people (excluding public figures).
- Questions aimed at signaling romantic or dating interest toward people who use Quora.
- Questions that solicit answers naming or disclosing otherwise sensitive information about non-public figures
How to request question removals
If there is a question about you on the site, you have the right to have the entire question and its contents removed. To exercise this right, report the question for Harassment by using the Report feature (found in the “...” menu below the question) and selecting the “Harassment” option.
Please note that this policy does not apply to business entities, or other questions that are matters of public concern. If you would like to submit a copyright or other infringement claim about content on Quora, please use our contact form at quora.com/contact.