This is an official Quora policy. Last revised: September 16. 2018
1. Questions about people that are clearly hurtful or mean-spirited, or are likely to make the person or persons uncomfortable, aren't allowed. Some examples would be:
- “Did John Doe get fired from his job at X Company or did he quit?”
- “Which people were denied admission to X private school in 2010?”
- “Did John Doe invest in X Company? Did he lose a lot of money?”
- Questions about the personal lives of individuals.
Questions like these will be deleted proactively on the site; the affected user is not required to request deletion of these questions. Also, questions that solicit answers that name non-public figures may be deleted.
In addition, the following questions are not allowed on Quora:
- Questions about the attractiveness of people (excluding public figures).
- Questions aimed at signaling romantic or dating interest toward people who use Quora.
2. Moreover, for all registered Quora users: If there is a question about you on the site that is not related to a matter of public concern, you have the right to have the entire question and its contents removed. To exercise this right, report the question for Harassment by using the Report feature (found in the “...” menu below the question) and selecting the “Harassment” option.