On Quora, you are required to use your real, full name for your account. To do so, you can change your name from your profile.
If you are ever uncomfortable about associating your identity with a particular question or answer, you can write the answer or ask the question anonymously. If Quora Moderation believes that a user is not using their real name, the user may be asked to provide supporting evidence.
More specifically, the following rules apply to Quora profile names:
- Company or organizational accounts: you may create an account on Quora to represent a legally incorporated business or other organization. You are not required to do so if you prefer to answer using a personal account. Not all organization accounts will be verified, though we may ask company accounts to provide verification.
- Names in non-Latin alphabet languages: Characters and letters that are not part of the are allowed in usernames in parentheses if a Latin alphabet-name precedes the parenthetical. Example: Mikhail Gorbachev (Михаи́л Серге́евич Горбачёв), Hu Jintao (胡锦涛). The only exception is for Quora in Japanese where the non-Latin character can appear in the following format: 安倍 晋三 (Shinzō Abe).
- Titles, such as "Dr." and "Ms.", may not be used in a Quora name; instead, information about degrees (e.g., "M.D.", or "PhD.") may be included in the user headline that appears to the right of your name, or elsewhere in your profile.
- Role accounts: Since each account should be connected with a real name, multiple accounts representing the same person (e.g., a professional identity under one name and a personal identity under a different one) are not permitted.
- Capitalization: Names should be appropriately capitalized. JOHN SMITH should be capitalized as John Smith.
We work very hard to ensure a safe environment for users: ouris one of our core principles, and Quora Moderation works hard to enforce this.
If someone is harassing you, please report the harassment by using the Report option in the extras menu ("...").
You can also report a user from the profile page, and anonymous users can be reported via their content. You can (and should!) report users or disrespectful content any time you see it.