Spam negatively impacts interaction on the platform, reduces trust, and inhibits authentic engagement. Posting spam is prohibited on Quora. The following are some examples of spam:
- Promoting illegal activities and services such as prostitution, escort services, and prescription drug sales
- Content that promises easy money or miraculous improvements such as rapid weight loss programs, get rich quick money schemes, and advance fee scams
- Inauthentic engagement such as vote manipulation, posting the same content repeatedly, and posting irrelevant answers or comments to drive traffic to an external site or for monetary gain
- Misusing the platform or product features such as question edits, notifications, links, profile descriptions or question sources.
If it's determined that an account is violating our spam policy, this may result in one or more of the following actions:
- Deletion of content posted by the account
- Edit-blocking of the account to prevent further posts
- Banning the account
Subsequent violations will be treated more seriously than the first one. Multiple concurrent violations will be treated more seriously than one violation.