The goal for each question page is that it become the best resource for anyone looking for the answer to that question.
Questions should be sincere attempts to obtain reusable information
- The primary intention of a question should be to obtain information, not to argue a point or make a statement.
- Questions should not be used to promote a business or service, or for .
- Questions should encourage answers that provide explanation and should be as open-ended as possible.
- Questions should not the users who are invited to respond, and should not be .
Questions should be clearly written
- Quora requires correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization to be used in questions. A question should consist of complete sentence(s) and end in a question mark.
- Questions should contain enough information for meaningful answers to be posted, and make clear how answers can meet their expectations.
- Questions should be concise. As a general guideline, questions should generally be no longer than 2 sentences, and only one question should be asked at a time.
Questions should comply with Quora site policies
- Questions about that are hurtful, mean-spirited or likely to make the person uncomfortable aren't allowed.
- Questions that constitute and have the potential to make the experience of using Quora unpleasant or uncomfortable for group(s) of users may be deleted.
- All content on Quora, including questions, should be .
- and questions that deal with client- or patient-specific facts are not allowed and may be deleted or reworded to describe a general situation.
Questions are viewed as community property
- : anyone can , but and those that change the substantive meaning of the question are not allowed.
- Questions can be deleted by the person who asked them, but users can . Questions may be if they contravene policy.
- A question can be into another question if both ask the same thing. Generally, the question with the phrasing that is simplest and most commonly asked should remain.
Question sources should be used to provide context for a question
- Question sources (links) should be added to provide additional context only.
- The question must be clear from the question title itself; it should not depend on the source.
- The source must be working and not malicious or irrelevant to the question itself.
Topics should be used to help people who may be interested in the question find it
- Topics that are not directly relevant to the question, are overly broad, or are relevant only to certain answers should not be applied. Questions should not be intentionally overloaded with topics to increase distribution.
Questions are stronger if they are phrased neutrally, ask for information and ask why
- Questions are stronger if they are and minimize presuppositions.
- Questions are stronger if they do not contain assumptions. In particular, they should not .
- Good questions are as open-ended as possible and ask 'why?' where this would potentially lead to more informative direct responses.
Questions of many types are encouraged
- Questions about are encouraged.
- Questions that are are encouraged.
- Questions about are acceptable as long as they comply with Quora's policies and ToS.
- asking for the perspectives/views of individuals and typically ask why or how those views came to be. They are allowed on Quora.